The admission process for international students are the same regardless of grade level. While Mercy does offer an ELL/ESL (English as a Second Language) program, International students must demonstrate proficiency in the English language at a level sufficient for instruction in an English speaking only environment. To be considered for admission, the following are required:
Tuition & Fees for International Students
2017-2018 Tuition and Fees Summary
Registration: $1,000 - once paid - credited to the tuition account
Book Rental Fees: Included
Activities Fee: Included
Parent Participation: Included
Total Investment: $35,000.00
1st Semester Payment: $17,500*
2nd Semester Payment: $17,500
*Mercy High School is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.
The I-20 Form is issued after admission in Mercy and after receipt of the 1st semester payment.
Mercy High School will issue an I-20 Form when a student is formally enrolled. Enrollment constitutes acceptance of admissions and the payment of the enrollment fee and the first semester tuition/fees.
Please refer to our admissions checklist below for our admissions requirements for international students.
For additional questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at 415.584.5929 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admission Overview: International Students
Complete and Submit Your Online Application
- Applications for the 2018-2019 school year are available September 8, 2017.
- Application deadlines:
- Priority - March 23, 2018
- Regular - May 4, 2018
- Application fee: $275 and is required at the time of application submission. Please make sure to choose the International Student Application when applying
Submission of Supporting Documents and Test Scores
- All students must submit official transcripts for all high school years (transfer students) or previous 2 years of school (9th grade students)
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
- Letters of recommendations must come from a principal or counselor, and current English and Mathematics teachers.
TEST OF ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE (TOEFL) SCORE
- All applicants whose native language is other than English must demonstrate English proficiency via results of the TOEFL exam. Results are to be sent directly to the Office of Admissions. Mercy TOEFL score code number is 8154.
- TOEFL scores are only valid for 2 years from the exam date.
Confirmation of Residence and Responsibility
- Parents must provide information regarding the student's residence while attending Mercy High School and local point of contact for the Office of Admissions.
- Mercy High School does not have a boarding program or provide housing for international students. Students must demonstrate appropriate housing arrangements for the academic year.
- We require name, telephone number, and mailing address of a local English-speaking contact with whom we can discuss the application process.
- Completion of the Confirmation of Residence and Responsibility Form
- Interviews are 30 minutes in length and are conducted by our Admissions Committee
- An on campus interview is preferred but Skype interviews are available for applicants residing outside of the SF/Bay Area; please contact the Office of Admissions to schedule your interview after submitting an application.